Microsoft are motivated and inspired every day by how their customers use their software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what’s most important to them.
The organisation has eight business divisions offer the greatest potential to serve their customers. They are:
- Server and Tools Business: Microsoft infrastructure software, developer tools and cloud platform, including products such as Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio, System Center and the Windows Azure Platform.
- Microsoft Business Solutions: A portfolio of Microsoft Dynamics products and services, as well as Microsoft Health Solutions.
- Microsoft Office Division: Productivity products and services, including Office, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Project, Visio, and Microsoft’s speech technology investments.
- Interactive Entertainment Business: Key entertainment experiences that span gaming, music and video across multiple screens, including Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, the controller-free Kinect for Xbox 360, Zune Music and Video, and Mediaroom, as well as PC and mobile interactive entertainment.
- Windows Phone Division: Microsoft software and services for Windows Phones worldwide.
- Windows & Windows Live Division: All Windows businesses, including Windows, Windows Live and Internet Explorer.
- Skype: A division of Microsoft, transforming communications for computers, mobile devices and the connected living room.
- They are committed long term to the mission of helping customers realise their full potential.